Braised Soy Sauce Eggs
Jul 30,2023 | Feng He Garden
- 5 large hard-boiled eggs (peeled)
- 4 tbsp Feng He Garden Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp Mirin rice wine
- 1 stalk of green onion (use only the white parts)
- Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, water, rice wine, and green onion in a saucepan. Bring it to a rolling boil over high heat.
- After 3-4 minutes, remove the green onion with tongs and reduce the heat to medium.
- Gently place the hard-boiled eggs into the saucepan. Simmer until the sauce reduces to about 1/2 cup (approximately 15 minutes). While simmering, lightly roll the eggs in the sauce.
- Turn off the heat and let the eggs cool.