FHG Stew Minced Pork Belly
500g Minced pork belly
2 shallots sliced
2 cloves garlic minced
2 tablespoons FHG soy sauce
1 teaspoon FHG dark soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice wine
1/2 cup water/chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
2-3 star anise
4 hard-boiled eggs, deshelled
scallion, sliced (garnish)
Serve with steamed rice or cooked noodle
1. Saute minced pork without oil until brown. Remove meat from pan.
2. Fry the shallot and garlic on medium-high heat until lightly brown. Remove from pan and discard the oil.
3. Put the meat back to the pan, add in fried shallot and garlic, FHG soy sauce, FHG dark soy sauce,1 tablespoon of rice wine, water/chicken broth and spices (star anise, five spice, cinnamon) and hard boiled eggs. Simmer for about 60 minutes or until tender.
4. Add in another tablespoon of rice wine 5 minutes before turning off the fire. (Optional)
5. Garnish with chopped scallion and ready to serve with rice or noodle.